Main Topic theme
« MICRO IRRIGATION IN THE ERA OF TECHNOOGY INNOVATION AND DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION »
I- PUBLIC POLICIES AND THE PROMOTION OF MICRO IRRIGATION: LESSONS LEARNED
- Adopted programs and policies for water scarce regions.
- Collective reconversion to localized irrigation: feedback from experiences
- PPP contribution: sharing experiences.
- Policy instruments to promote sustainable micro-irrigation and their implementation: Cost recovery and incentives.
- Role of beneficiaries in the development and management of micro irrigation projects.
- Main lessons to ensure sustainability of micro irrigation projects.
II- INNOVATION IN MICRO-IRRIGATION DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY TO IMPROVE RESILIENCE TO CLIMATE CHANGE
- New tools and methods to optimize design for various specific conditions;
- Approaches to alleviate the effect of water scarcity and climate change.
- innovation to face present and future challenges and improve projects
- performance and sustainability.
- Contribution of research development.
III- MICRO-IRRIGATION FOR SMALL-SCALE FARMING, CHALLENGES, OPPORTUNITIES AND INITIATIVES
- Opportunities and challenges facing small scale farming to adopt micro irrigation.
- Levers to promote and enhance access of small farms to micro irrigation technologies.
- Low cost technologies adapted to small farms.
- Micro irrigation as a tool to promote climate smart agriculture for small farms.
IV- MICRO IRRIGATION TO PROMOTE THE NEXUS « WATER – ENERGY – FOOD »
- Renewable energy in micro irrigation, facts and lessons.
- Promotion of green energy for sustainable micro irrigation projects.
- Unconventional water resources to develop sustainable drip irrigation projects.
- Solutions to cope with environmental risks.
V- DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF MICRO-IRRIGATION
- Contribution of Big Data and IOT (Internet of Things) solutions to improve projects efficiency.
- Smart tools and solutions to control micro irrigation systems, increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Capacity buildings of farmers, operators and decision makers.
- Research input and technology transfer.
VI- INTERNATIONAL COOPÉRATION FOR THE DEVELOPPEMENT OF MICRO IRRIGATION
- Sharing experiences of international cooperation.
- Perspectives for more advanced regional and international cooperation in the field of micro irrigation.
- Role of private sector in dissemination of digital solutions and technologies of micro irrigation at international level.